This is a certificate of excellence for those candidates who wish to train to become an active crew member on a power or sailing yacht. It includes Introduction to Boating for power and sail yachts.
The International Crew Course consists of Modules 1 – 11 in the IYT International Boating & Sailing Passport and is a pre-requisite course for the IYT International Flotilla Skipper and/or IYT International Bareboat Skipper Course/s.
- Nautical terminology
- Safety briefing
- Passage planning
- Rope work
- Basic rules of the road
- Introduction to weather
- Basic sail handling
- Basic handling under power
- Man overboard procedures
- Vessel equipment and instruments
- Engine checks and maintenance
- Deck seamanship
- Sailing vessels handling skills
- Sailing vessels under power
- Power vessel handling skills
- Dingy handling under power
Needed For Course Apply
- Candidates should be 16 years of age or over.
- No prerequisite sea time required for this certificate.
- Must have taken IYT’s International Crew physical course with an IYT Partner School
For This Course
- This is a certificate of excellence for those candidates who wish to train to become an active crew member on a power or sailing yacht. It includes Introduction to Boating for power and sail yachts.
As you advance and become more proficient as crew or skipper you take on bigger challenges that require proper training to ensure the safety of your family and friends. The bigger the boat or length of adventure the more training you require.
Most of us prefer to spend our time on the water and not in a classroom. To facilitate this, IYT has a series of E-learning courses available for the theoretical part of sail and powerboat training.
- Take one of our online (Elearning) courses for your next level of training.
- Plan your practical training at one of our many schools worldwide to earn your final qualification.
- Book in advance with your school as class sizes and availability may be limited.
- Review the IYT course progression details to learn about professional level courses.
- Spend time on the water and properly log your seatime.
The Boating Lifestyle is one of the most rewarding pursuits available. There is something physically and emotionally invigorating when you are offshore. To enjoy the experience fully you need the proper training & skills to be safe, prepared and command a vessel.
You May Also Like:
This is a five day course aimed at increasing a student’s knowledge sufficiently to be a watchkeeper or a flotilla skipper on a live-aboard sail or power boat.